Walk For Wishes®
Saturday, March 16, 2013
National Mall, Washington, DC
IMPORTANT EVENT UPDATES
- The event is rain or shine (hopefully shine!)
- We highly recommend participants use the metro to get to the event. Please be sure to check WMATA for any scheduled track work or delays.
- The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon is also taking place in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, March 16th. The race will have cleared the National Mall and surrounding areas by 10 a.m. (as it concludes at Anacostia Park) and should not impact our event in any way, however, please review the road closures ahead of time to avoid confusion or delays.
- Participants can access the National Mall from 14th St & Independence Ave. Please plan your arrival accordingly. You will see a large (40x40) white tent set up in front of the National Museum of Natural History. Check-in will be under this tent.
- Cash, check and credit card donations can be made on-site so feel free to bring any last minute donations!
- The program will begin at 11:45 a.m. so please arrive early, especially if you still need to check-in/register.
Walk For Wishes is a community-wide event to help raise money to help grant the wishes of local children with life-threatening medical conditions. This fun-filled day will take place on the National Mall in Washington DC, and is not only a fun way to get a little exercise, but participants are also invited to a wonderful post-walk celebration complete with games, prizes and special guests. Each participant that raises $150+ will receive a commemorative T-shirt.
As this event supports Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic, participants are encouraged to raise funds to support the chapter's mission to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. The event allows individuals, companies and clubs to come together and help to share the power of a wish® through their fundraising for local wish children. Make-A-Wish will offer great tips on how to make fundraising easier. There will be several exciting "fundraising challenges" throughout the months preceding the event and top fundraisers will receive awards at the post-Walk celebration.
If you have any questions, or to become a valued sponsor of this year’s event and/or provide in-kind support, please contact Amanda Burke by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (301) 962-WISH (9474).
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!